Hi. My name is Guy Lauten; I have been building and repairing pro- and semi-pro audio equipment since 1968 and am now working out of my home in Gordonville, TX.
QR Code Link to This Post
What I can do for you:
- General troubleshooting and repair
- Evaluate your equipment to confirm performance
- Restoration of vintage/antique gear
- Upgrading and modification
- Prototyping and replication
I have a long experience in audio debugging and have successfully repaired equipment other techs gave up on. I have run professional audio repair shops, I have done maintenance at professional recording studios, I have done design and manufacture of custom equipment. I can repair existing equipment, or help define and build custom equipment as needed. I provide a full range of audio electronics services.
For me to check-out a piece of equipment costs $60 (1 hour bench minimum). For the initial $60 check-out fee - if the problem is a simple one - I would fix the problem. If it is a more complex problem than 1 hour labor can fix, I would be able to give you an estimate of how many hours and how much in parts it would cost to repair the unit. If you proceed with the repair, I apply that $60 towards the final price of the repair. Beyond the initial hour, I charge $60/hour plus parts. So if the problem is something simple, the $60 bench fee is probably the cost of the repair.
The types of equipment I work on are:
- Receivers, amplifiers, pre-amps and tuners
- Integrated amplifiers
- Most cassette and reel-to-reel tape recorders
Please note that I DO NOT work on the following:
- DVD or video recorders
- Car, marine, and motorcycle systems
- Marine or aircraft control, communication or navigation equipment
Let me know if you'd like me to work on something for you and I can give you directions to my new home in Gordonville. I'd love to have you visit me on the lake.
You can contact me by
• Clicking the "Reply" button at the top of this page,
• Calling me at 214 - 949 - 5315
Thanks for reading my ad and I hope to hear from you soon.